Wednesday 23 January 2013

EOS Lip Balm • Review





EMS Medical Warehouse, EOS Strawberry Sorbet, £8.79 (buy here)


I was so excited when I woke up this morning to find that my new EOS lip balm had finally arrived in the post. For the past year I've been tossing around with the idea of buying an EOS lip balm (A long time for lip balm consideration, I know) but when I heard about the new flavour - Strawberry Sorbet - I simply couldn't resist any longer!

Having never tried any of the EOS lip balms before, I wasn't entirely sure whether or not it would be worth the price tag attached (although it's not expensive, I'm used to picking up £1 lip balms) but it's worth a try right? I'm a big collector of make-up, and even when I was primary school I used to pester my mum for chapstick whenever we were at the local pharmacy. Now I'm 20, I've got so many I've lost count, which for a girl like me, isn't brilliant as I don't think I've ever fully finished one! (I think I need to start promising myself not to buy any more until they're finished)
Back to EOS, when I sat back down to open it, I was greeted with a small egg-shaped pink pod. After opening to plastic wrapping, at first I couldn't figure out how to open it. Tugging at it hoping it would pop open - note, I was definitely wrong and don't try tugging at it! It's a clockwise screw-on cap. When opened, inside is a sphere of lip balm. Before I ordered this, I watched and read many reviews online as I know that when something claims to smell like fruit, they normally smell more like sweeties! But when I gave it a sniff, I was pleasantly surprised! Imagine a cross between fresh strawberries and strawberry bubblegum. If you're reading from Britain, it's not too dissimilar to scent of strawberry Lypsyl, just not as sweet. Although you can tell there is an artificial undertone to the scent, it's certainly not unpleasant - it's still fresh and very yummy!


Different lip balms obviously have different textures and ability of appliance. Some can be sticky, slimy or can dry your lips out worse than they were before, which definitely isn't what you want in an ideal lip balm. I can safely say that EOS Strawberry Sorbet definitely doesn't. I've been looking for that lip balm that is just right for me - smells lovely, applies easily and doesn't make my lips sticky or dry. This lip balm seems to tick every box. Once I applied it, my lips felt smooth and soft. I'm so addicted that I keep applying it! On the contrary, my advice is to not apply too much or your lips do end up feeling a little too moist (mine only felt this way because I'd applied it 3 times in about 10 minutes!)

EOS Strawberry Sorbet lip balm is rated a 9/10 for me as its fresh, yummy scent makes me want to use it all the time, which is just as well because the texture and appliance of the lip balm is perfect, keeping your lips protected and soft. I'll definitely be carrying it around in my handbag and using it regularly. I think it's time I had a look into the other flavours EOS has to offer!

What's your favourite flavour lip balm?


No comments:

Post a Comment