Monday 12 May 2014

FASHIONCHICK • Redesign Event






A while ago you might remember I wrote a blog post for FASHIONCHICK's new Spring/Summer shoe collection (see here if you can't remember!) Well, as a follow-up, I'd been invited to the FASHIONCHICK Redesign launch party event on Baker Street, London by a lovely lady called Rebecca. The event was held on Wednesday 7th May, and by the time the day arrived, I'd only ever been to one event before with my work colleagues (the Ethical Fashion Show) so I have to say I was a little nervous - especially as I'd be going alone! I'm one of those people who really likes to know every single detail about everything on their schedule before they go ahead and do anything. So as I was going alone, I was definitely feeling the nerves, but I was really excited none-the-less.




It was held at the fabulous Fable Bar on Holborn Viaduct, and it was the perfect setting. FASHIONCHICK had rented out a bar room for the entire evening, with little stalls dotted around by the windows and an area designated for special FASHIONCHICK photographs.







I was offered a complimentary drink from the free bar (opted for a red wine!) and I took this as an opportunity to snap as many photographs as I could while the sun was still up. The evening was really relaxed, and a great chance to meet bloggers just like myself and others who worked in the fashion industry. After a little talk about the new collection and a quick discussion about some of the products, the waiters brought out platters of all sorts of yummy bites (calamari, canapés, mini fish and chips, mini sausages - followed by little baskets of mini doughnuts and brownies!) and we all had a natter about our blogs and the new collections. I made friends with two very lovely ladies, Samantha and "The Girl Who Stole London" (more commonly known as Lauren). If you're reading this girls - it was great to meet you both!





At the end of the evening, we all received an amazing goody bag filled with a selection of cute little gifts from different retailers including River Island, Juicy Couture, Moschino... Which I'll talk more about in my next blog post.




Overall, the evening was so much fun (what did I ever have to be nervous about?) and I can't wait to do it all over again. Thanks so much to FASHIONCHICK for hosting such a fab event, and for giving us the opportunity to network with other bloggers and fashion/beauty-lovers who share a common interest!





No comments:

Post a Comment